Thursday 25 April 2019

Aloo Bhujiya or Katre wali Aloo ki Sabji




Aloo Bhujiya or Katre wali Aloo ki Sabji- My mom has made this recipe for as long as I can remember, even today she makes it for me. She is a terrific cook (Almost every one of us believes the same about our mama’s cooking). During college I remember my friends used to wait for my lunch box. They used to relish this Sabji. This is one of the simplest Sabji that I know. The best part for this Sabji which I like the most is, onions get caramelized and potatoes are nice crisp. Together it tastes delicious. I thought of sharing this recipe with you. Quiet a simple recipe though. All we need is-

INGREDIENTS:

1 Cup diced potato
1 Cup sliced onions
3 Tbsp Oil
½ Tsp mustard
½ Tsp cumin
1/4th Tsp asafetida
½ Tsp Turmeric
1 Tsp Red chili powder
1 Tsp Coriander powder
½ Tsp Garam Masala (I use Goda Masala)
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
½ Tsp Sugar (optional, but I recommend you to add it)
½ Tsp Salt
Coriander for Garnishing

METHOD:
1.    Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard, asafetida, cumin. Allow it to crackle.
2.    Then add sliced onions and diced potato. Mix it and sauté it on a low flame.
3.    Add turmeric and salt. Give it a nice mix and allow it to cook.
4.    Remember flame should be low. Otherwise onions will get burnt.
5.    Once the potato starts getting crisp, time to add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.  Mix it well.
6.    Fry the Sabji until potatoes are crispy and onions are completely caramelized.
7.    Now add lemon juice and coriander. Mix it and serve it.
8.    Serve it with hot phulka’s or even with puri.
[You can carry it while travelling. This is the best lunch box recipe. ]



Note- you can replace lemon juice with amchur.


Hey Friends! If you like my blogs kindly post your comment below the post and do share your response. Looking forward to some new innovative recipes. Thanks for reading. HAPPY COOKING ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment